Friends of Palliative Care Services
Friends of Palliative Care Inc assist and support the providers of Services within the Lower Hunter and are committed to promoting community awareness of the services available, to meet the needs of the terminally ill Person and their families/carers.
Our organisations was formed in 1986 and have been actively involved in lobbying for the establishment of a Palliative Care Nursing and Medical Service in the Maitland area.
Friends of Palliative Care Inc provide assistance to Palliative Care Services in the Lower Hunter by:
- Broadening the awareness of services available in the Lower Hunter;
- Organising and managing fund raising activities to provide financial support for the ongoing education of nurses at conferences and seminars and the purchase of equipment for hospital and community care;
- Assisting with the purchase and maintenance of IT software and hardware which is vital to Maitland Palliative Care Service and it’s Virtual Hospice – see virtualhospice.com.au;
- The establishment and maintenance of pharmaceutical accounts for patients
- Assisting the Virtual Hospice in the provision of practical non-medical services such as the preparation of “care packs” for patients and their carers